At the Korea Electronics Show here, local companies showed a dizzying array of products. 3-D TVs, DRAMs, LED ICs and other products were big hits.
Here’s the top 10 technologies or products-and associated videos-at the event:
1. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is the world’s first DRAM maker to ship a 30-nm-class device. This is a 2-Gbit DDR3 chip, base on 35-nm technology. That can be seen here.
5. Hynix Semiconductor Inc. tipped a 30-nm-class DRAM, which will ship next year.
6. South Korean startup Imagis Co. Ltd. is shipping perhaps the next big thing in mobile devices-a multi-purpose, haptic driver. Haptics is a tactile feedback technology. By applying a force, an end user can feel a vibration or motion on a system.
7. Analog foundry vendor Dongbu HiTek said its BCD process technology was used to make an LED driver IC. It was developed in collaboration with ADDtek, a Taiwanese fabless company. Dongbu has a 180-nm BDC process, enabling a range of apps.
8. LG’s smart TV. It’s a Web connected TV. (Sorry for the bad camera work!).
9. Samsung showed a similar smart TV technology.
by Mark LaPedus
original post: http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4209605/10-hot-products-at-Korean-Electronics-Show-semiconductor