Sign up below to get information about the Immersive Media Challenge
Your challenge is to come up with a pitch for an engaging experience that should be buildable in 3-5 years.
- Experiences should fit into one or more of these four broadly stated area; city play, for good, for fun, or for health.
- Why judge submissions in the 3-5 year timeframe? If an idea can be realized in less than 3 years, it can probably be built now. This is not a hackathon, it is a ‘futurist’ challenge. Part of the judging criteria of submissions will be how well the submitter can describe how we get ‘from here to there’; what technology, infrastructure, story mechanic, standard, or feature needs to be developed? The best ideas will have at least one element that is conceptually new and unique.
- The winning ideas will incorporate new and unique concepts that are not possible today, but that you anticipate will be possible within 3-5 years (we are looking for Tomorrowland, not Fantasyland).
- Think like a futurist! Part of your pitch will be to describe what needs to happen to get ‘from here to there’ and why those assumptions are reasonable.
All participants will be connected to executives at ETC@USC sponsor companies who will help you refine your pitch.
- This is an opportunity for you to casually interact with and network through working professionals.
The 3-5 best ideas will get funding and support to create a professional-quality pre-viz or ‘vertical slice’.
You are invited to attend a brief Immersive Media Challenge kick-off Q&A event, with catered food, on Thursday, April 25th, at 6:30pm in Sound Stage E of the Zemekis Center. At this event we will describe the format for submitting your ideas.
If you are interested in attending the kick-off, or would like to learn more about the Immersive Media Challenge but cannot attend, please sign up below.