… ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is closing a ballot on drafting 3D safety guidelines on November 7. Information on these guidelines can be downloaded here. …
Hiroyasu Ujike, a researcher at National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), is leading the efforts with the ISO. In an email exchange with him, he noted that, “Based on discussions in the WG, I would like to find out and build a common framework for 3D Image Safety, and sharing it as “international guidelines.”
Potential areas of discussion include:
- Interocular difference of images, as optical stimuli, in terms of geometrical distortions, luminance, etc.
- Binocular parallax and disparity
- Enhancement of 2D problems by the stereoscopic presentation
- Temporal changes in the above items
- Viewing environment and viewing conditions